- Contact Chris Hansler at email@example.com or at 253.310.5794.
- Select a Campus Director – this must be a Lead Pastor or a credentialed Staff Pastor. Discover is developed and led by pastors because we put a premium on practical application. The time required is 5-6 hours per week (depends of # of students), and Campus Directors are compensated 50% of the total paid registrations for that campus. We will provide training to the Campus Directors. The Campus Director’s job description can be found HERE.
- Be sure the campus site has facilities and equipment adequate to host Discover. In short, this means:
* A prepared classroom that can accommodate the students. *
* A video monitor or projector with a screen large enough to be seen by the class
* A computer which can be connected to the monitor or screen with the ability to stream the live video through an internet connection. We currently use YouTube Live
* Enough bandwidth to stream the live video without hesitation. The specifics can be determined by our technology director, Scott Alsperger.
* We will provide assistance as needed.
Host church expectations can be found HERE.
- Plan for a minimum of 6 students – We do not allow independent study in Discover because observed interaction and mentoring are important aspects of the leadership development of the student. Critical mass of at least 6 students is important to facilitate discussion and interaction.
- Become familiar with the Discover web site – www.discoverministryschool.com - and the Discover Moodle site – www.discoverministryschool.com/moodle
- Promote Discover in your church and area – We have videos and promotional packages that we will provide that can be used to promote Discover. Many of those can be found HERE.
- Get students to apply. We have found that the most effective campuses are those where the lead pastor has been a strong advocate for Discover. Challenge individuals that you believe have leadership potential to apply. Students can apply HERE.
- Launch your Discover Campus and watch as leaders are identified, developed and equipped for ministry!