You can get these expectation in a document form HERE
Advantages of being a Discover host church
- The Discover school is available at your location, making access to the school convenient to those within your church.
- Your church will be listed as a campus site of Discover ministry school including a link to your website, giving additional exposure to your church.
- The presence of the Discover school adds additional value to the regular program offerings of your church to the community.
Types of host churches
- “Live campus” – those sites where the speakers are in the classroom and from where the video feed originates. These sites will move from quarter to quarter.
- “Hub campus” – those sites where the students are viewing the simulcast via video from the live campus.
Expectations of the Host Church
- Provide the facilities & equipment as listed below at no charge to Discover Ministry School. The room to be used for the class should be clean and ready to be set up. While we would be grateful for any equipment setup or post-class cleanup the host church may choose to provide, it is not an expectation of the host church.
- Designate a point person with whom the local Discover site director can work to coordinate facility and equipment details.
- Allow the Discover site director access to all facilities and equipment with sufficient time to set up for the class.
- Provide one of the following two options:
- An audio/visual person to set up and run (if necessary) the required audio/visual equipment.*
- An audio/visual person to train a designated Discover person on the proper use of your audio/visual equipment.*
* We will provide a scholarship for each quarter of Discover for the audio/visual person at each hub campus site. And we will compensate the audio/visual person at the live campus site.
The Discover site director, or their designee, will be responsible for the setup of the classroom as well as the equipment to be used for the Discover class. They will also be responsible for making sure that the facilities and equipment being used for Discover is reset to a condition agreed upon between the site director and the host church.
Facilities & Equipment needed
The host church of a Discover Site provides a facility that is conducive to learning which includes the following:
- A clean, well-kept environment that can accommodate the number of students, sitting at tables, for that given location.
- Tables and chairs for the students to sit in groups
- A stand or podium for the site director or speaker(s)
- Audio-visual equipment necessary for videos to be seen and heard clearly by all who are in the class. Specifically:
- An area (stage, platform, or floor) large enough to accommodate an 8’ high by 12’ wide backdrop that Discover will provide.
- There will need to be enough depth in the room to video up to three presenters at a time (preferably at least 15 feet).
- An audio board that can accommodate at least 6 channels.*
- A place to store the backdrop, camera and microphones for the entirety of the quarter.
- Enough bandwidth to stream the live video without hesitation. The specifics can be determined by our technology director, Scott Alsperger.
- *Discover will provide the camera and microphones to be used at the live campus. While the camera and microphones will be stored at the live campus for the given quarter, they are only to be used for the Discover Ministry School purposes.
- o A video monitor or projector with a screen large enough to be seen by the class
- o A computer which can be connected to the monitor or screen with the ability to stream the live video through an internet connection. We currently use YouTube Live.
- o Enough bandwidth to stream the live video without hesitation. The specifics can be determined by our technology director, Scott Alsperger.