The campus director is a pastor or credentialed staff pastor. He/She is the Discover liaison to the Lead Pastors in their geographical area, he/she provides oversight of students in their geographical area, and is responsible for the facilitation of the weekly meeting of their geographical campus.
- Promote and encourage Discover in your geographical area.
- The primary means of promotion will happen through communication with the local lead pastors. While email is an efficient means of communication, it is not always the most effective. Please use multiple means including phone calls and text to be sure that the connection is made.
- Provide necessary information and promotional materials to churches who may potentially participate.
- Promote Discover when possible and appropriate at District gatherings, through social media, and through word-of-mouth.
- Check on students’ participation & attendance using Moodle.
- Get to know them.
- Help them get to know one another.
- Read and review their assignments each week.
- Assist them in their spiritual formation and leadership development.
- Keep their pastor in the communication loop.
- We will contact each pastor in our hub site about each of their students in the second half of every quarter. We can give a “progress report” and can ask the pastor how their student is doing in their area of ministry service.
- We will ask the pastor to meet with their students between each quarter to check in and see how it is going.
- Work with the host church to make sure the meeting room is set up and ready to go each week.
- Communicate as needed with the host church’s designated point person. At least 10 days prior to each quarter, let the host church know how many to expect in the Discover Class.
- Set up the room and have it ready for the class at least 15 minutes prior to the class start time. This includes:
- Tables & Chairs
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Refreshments (a small budget for refreshments will be available to each campus, but we encourage you to engage the students and churches in providing refreshments)
- Discover Backdrop (live site only)
- After each class, see to it that the room is clean and all equipment is put back to the condition agreed upon between you and the host church.
- Work with host church, their designated audio/visual person & Scott Alsperger to make sure audio/visual needs are met and equipment is set up and working.
- Lead each week’s class at your campus, including the facilitation of Q & A for each teaching session, utilizing other pastors as is needed or appropriate.
- Report and respond, as is necessary or required, to the Discover president.
- Be available to answer questions from lead pastors and from students in your area.
- Help, in collaboration with the local pastors, to discern which students are candidates for Tier Two – Leadership Preparation Track.
Compensation (tentative): 50% of total registrations in the Campus Directors’ area. i.e. 20 registrations x $100 = $2000.00 x 50% = $1000 per course.
Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours per week plus class time.
There are 4 – 9 week courses in Year One.